The best part about this recipes is how ridiculously easy it is to make. And, it looks good too! Your friends will think you are a gourmet chef! Smashing the potatoes and giving them additional cooking time, creates a nice crisp exterior while the inside stays creamy. They remind me twice cooked potatoes or potato skin, but without all the loaded on fat.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- 10 yellow potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Rub each potato with some of the oil. Make sure to coat all sides. Sprinkle generously with sea salt. Add a little pepper.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the potatoes easily pierce with a knife.
- Remove from oven and smash with a mallet. If you don't have a mallet, you can also you the bottom of a glass- just do it gently so the glass doesn't break.
- Brush a little more oil over the tops of the potatoes and return to the oven to crisp (about 10 or 15 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and serve. Sprinkle with additional salt to taste or add some chopped parsley for color. Delish!